Benefits of NAMM Membership
NAMM is the only Trade Association available to memorial masons. It works hard supporting practising and traditional masons and masonry businesses. We actively promote NAMM to the public, assuring them that when they engage a member company they are guaranteed the highest standards in the trade. We work with Burial Authorities and related organisations to make sure your voice is heard.
Regional meetings allow you to meet colleagues in your area who work under the same conditions and face the same challenges as you. These meetings are an opportunity to discuss regional issues such as cemetery regulations etc and also give you a voice through a Voting Delegate to represent you on NAMM’s General Council and at the annual conference and AGM.
NAMM news and regular mailings from Head Office update you and keep you informed of developments in the world of memorial masonry, changes in legislation, new products and services, technical information, other member businesses, meetings and training courses and much more. Additional up to date information can also be found on this website which also offers ways of advertising and promoting your business.
For more specific advice or detailed information, Head Office is only a phone call away and will ensure a prompt reply to your need for Technical support, Health and Safety and Legal advice, Arbitration or any other enquiry.
As well as the support and backing of the association there are significant financial benefits to membership too:
- Free or subsidised publicity materials for members include – “Ask your Local Stonemason” and “Choosing a Memorial” leaflets, badges and window stickers.
- Discounts on embroidered work-wear.
- Free Code of Working Practice, worth £60.
- Up to 50% reduction on NAMM Training Courses.
- Training bursaries in masonry skills with the Orton Trust.
- Business promotion through corporate Yellow Pages entry.
- Insurance: Memorial insurance available to your clients now covers subsidence as well as damage and brings you a valuable commission.