NAMM Training Courses
Dates of forthcoming courses
Please contact NAMM Head Office for further information and a booking form – 01788 542264
Safety Inspection & Assessment of Memorials
Date: 14 March 2018, 6 June 2018, 26 September 2018
Venue: NAMM Training Centre, Rugby
Memorial Fixing Compliance Course New course
(For Memorial Officers and Cemetery/Churchyard Managers)
Please contact NAMM Training Centre to register your interest – 01788 542264.
Further information about these courses:
Safety Inspection and Assessment of Memorials in Burial Grounds
A training course structured around the Ministry of Justice guidelines ‘Managing the Safety of Burial Ground Memorials’ focusing on a ‘Risk Assessment’ based approach. All aspects of memorial assessment will be covered in the course, from understanding different types of natural stone and the way in which it changes with time, through to memorial construction and how this might impact decisions on safety. The important area of ‘making safe’ will also be included.
The morning will be spent in the classroom studying in-depth theory and the afternoon will be spent putting the theory into practice.
Please note this course does not qualify you to carry out safety inspections. Successful completion of a half-day written and practical assessment, following attendance on the course, is required for candidates to be awarded the nationally accredited qualification: NAMM City & Guilds NPTC Certificate of Competence for the Safety Inspection and Assessment of Memorials.
£325 + VAT (NAMM Members £200 + VAT)
(Note: Corporate Membership of NAMM for Burial Authorities is £205 + VAT pa)
NAMM C&G NPTC Assessment Fee for the qualification: £300 + VAT
Memorial Fixing Compliance Course
For Memorial Officers and Cemetery/Churchyard Managers to give a summary of the safe and proper process of memorial erection. Note: This is not a qualification for fixing memorials.
- To instruct on the joint responsibilities shared with Memorial Masons who erect memorials on their sites
- To cover the accepted administration protocols involved in supplying and fixing memorials
- To update on the correct fixing procedures and give an overview of BS:8415 (NAMM Code of Working Practice)
This is a half day classroom based course and covers:
- Health and Safety requirements
- Permits and Application Fees
- Risk Assessments
- Correct Location of Grave
- Rules and Regulations
- Correct Fixing Procedures
- Disposal of Waste
- Entering and leaving the site
- Dismantling Rites
- Bad Practice – What to look out for
- Sanctioning Issues
- NAMM’s Arbitration Service
- Answering questions regarding the correct methods of memorial fixing
Course fees: £250 + VAT per person (NAMM members: £150 + VAT)